Return to the Big island


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria
December 27th 2008
Published: February 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We boarded the Spirit of Tasmania 1 very early and were on our way to Melbourne by 9am. The ship only had 250 people on board (it can carry over 1000) so we had heaps of room to spread out. The sea was as flat as a tack which made for a great sail across the ditch. We kept a look out for some of the yachts in the Sydney to Hobart but no luck. The only boat we passed was the Spirit of Tasmania 2 heading to Devonport.
We arrived into Melbourne by 6.30pm and made our way to the van park. We planned to stay in Melbourne for new years eve but when we arrived at the Ashley Gardens there was a fair bit of an issue with our site. 95% of the park is asphalt so before we left for tassie we arranged for a site that suited with grass so we could peg down the flies over the beds to protect them from the weather. It seems that the efficiency of the office staff really sux and they were not very eager to help when we found ourselves booked onto a completely different site with no grass area for the pegs and also up the opposite end of the park from our travelling partners. After an hour of getting nowhere we decided we would not pay $75 a night for a park with little or no facilities and rude staff so we asked for a refund and packed up the next morning to make our way to Canberra to visit Steves Sister and take the kids to Questacon.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0601s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb