The new Watergate Hotel


Advertisement
Published: February 21st 2015
Edit Blog Post

We travelled up the highway from Melbourne to Canberra stopping off at a few landmarks along the way. Browns Brother Winery was Julies Favourite.
Questacon was the place to be the next day and the kids just went mad, they had a great time exploring and experimenting and that afternoon we caught up with Steves Sister and Auntie.
Wednesday we made our way to Sydney to stay with friends at Picton.
The decision was made to go into the City on New Years Eve to see the Fireworks. It was a expedition and a half getting into the city but we found a great spot to sit up behind the Opera house in the Botanical gardens and we waited for 11 hours for midnight to arrive. Samuel had a great time watching the Police Helicopters fly over head and the girls just soaked up the atmosphere. Before we knew it the fireworks began and the display was fantastic. After it was over millions of people made there way down the streets of Sydney to get home, lucky for us we had parked our car at the mounted police carpark at Redfern and arranged for a police van to pick us up and drive us through the crowd back to the car.
The next few days of our trip was very exciting we spent a day getting over new years and then on Saturday we drove to North Sydney to Sydney RV and picked up our new 9.5mtr Winnebago Longreach. We had got so content with life on the road that we decided when we were in Perth that we would love to keep going, the financial market was not kind to us so we took out our investment before it disappeared and bought something a little more suitable for a family of 5, it will be difficult to travel full time until the girls finish high school in 4 years so we will spend that time setting up a base in Casino and go off on small trips for a month to 6 weeks at a time until 2012 and then hopefully take Samuel on the road full time for a few years. We traded the Jayco Expander in and got a great price for her, infact we got our money back. It was sad to see her go but we are sure she was a lot more travelling left in her yet and we have great memories to take with us.
We took the Winnebago back to Picton and parked it on our friend farm and spent the next couple of days relaxing with our friend and getting use to the new Watergate.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.169s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1083s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb