Day 16


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Yarram
February 22nd 2011
Published: February 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Port Albert caravan parkPort Albert caravan parkPort Albert caravan park

Large Grassed comfortable sites, and obviously not crowded.
Leaving Lakes Entrance at around 930am, much more relaxed after we tested the braking features on the van.
All working spot on, after we had done the adjustment on the brake controller, a simple solution when we know how.

The drive South West along the Princes Highway was good and we spotted another Windsor van ahead being pulled by a Nissan Patrol the same as ours.
We managed to pass them at a passing lane and spotted a VHF radio arial, so called them up, and had a chat.
Continued along our way and kept in touch and decided to stop for morning tea at Sale, with the other van behind us. We made a coffee and sat and chatted with Dave and Elaine about travelling and being on the road. A great stop and break.

We left ahead of them and carried on towards Port Albert, the original Port that was used to settle Victoria.
The park has large grassy sites and some Alpaccas grazing behind us. Yep Rural Victoria. The bay is along the edge of the Caravan park, looks like a good fishing spot.
We went for a drive into Yarram to fuel up and walk
Yarram Old Court HouseYarram Old Court HouseYarram Old Court House

The information centre keeping the historic court house intact.
the old town, found a great Bakery that makes great coffee and of course we had to try out the yummy Chocolate eclairs.
Visited the Old court House which is now the information centre and also as can be seen by the photos quite an interesting design archtecturally.

Fueled up and trekked back to our park to relaxed with our wine o'clock.
Still having fun!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

The neiboursThe neibours
The neibours

The Alpaccas resting in the paddock behind us.


Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0813s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb