Lilydale to Warburton


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Warburton
February 29th 2016
Published: February 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Warburton
Today set off with good intentions but ended in disarray due to reasons beyond our control. Seven of us set off to Flindets Station only to be told that the trains weren't running and had been taken over by buses. We went on the train to Parliament to be told that the buses were not able to take bikes. This meant another 10km ride on the busy road to Camberwell to catch a train to take us to Lilydale. We got there an hour late and after a quick lunch were off at 11.55am. I say we, meaning four of us since we set of with seven but lost three on the way. Don got a puncture on Bridge Rd and the three decided to give it a miss due to the lost time and the speed required to make the 80 km ride. Warburton was found at 2.10pm by following the beautiful voice of a young girl outside the cyclist cafe at the old station. A brew and we were on our way back again on the very attractive old rail track which was enveloped in trees and full of chirping birds and the odd tiger snake. Phil and I were back at the railhead at 4.45 awaiting Paul and Liz who trapped at 5.05 ready for the 5.19 train back to Camberwell. At Camberwell we thuought we would have to ride back to Richmond but found one of the replacement buses with no passengers on. Luckily the driver let us on and took us to near our hotel to save us riding 10 km along the busy road with loads of traffic lights. The end is nigh. No more riding, a last supper tonight, box up our bikes tomorrow, put on the long trousers and get into the big silver bird back to the cold. Job done.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0296s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb