Home Again


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
April 11th 2016
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -37.8143, 144.963

40 days. So often, holidays seem to fly by quicker than we would like. On the flight home, we often ask ourselves where did the time go? It felt like just yesterday we were setting off on this trip. For this trip, our honeymoon, that hasn't been the case. It feels like we've been gone for ages! That's not to say we haven't had an amazing time or our marriage is already on the ropes! Maybe its because we covered so much distance? Maybe because we took so many flights? Maybe because we packed in so much variety? Maybe we both really missed our jobs? I suppose it could be a variety of factors but we certainly appreciated the duration of this trip. That's not to say were stoked its over, but nor are we shattered to be home. With the wedding and honeymoon come and gone, we can now look forward to a clean slate as husband and wife. No imminent plans or requirements. Were looking forward to enjoying our home for a while, getting some new pets, and in due course, starting a family.

Will this mark the end of my travel experiences and blogs? No chance. This certainly wont be the last of our adventures. Perhaps, in the short term there wont be as many long or exotic trips. The next 5-10 years might take a more local or family friendly requirement regarding travel. Shorter trips (to offload pets) and either local or Westernised locations to accommodate children. Maybe cruises. The next few priorities of mine include Japan, Alaska and Canada. All fit the above requirements I think. Besides, I have a brother and best man from my wedding not far from international themed marriages is China and Germany respectively. This is a short break and not the end of my travel adventures.

As far as this trip goes, what were the high (and low) lights you might ask? What was most memorable for better or worse. Well, Ill get back to you on that one. For my last big trip, in my "Great Adventure" blog I completed a top 100 post. I also had Natalie chip in with her top 50. Ill be doing something similar again over the next week with a top 20 and top 10 for Natalie. Ill also be posting an album of photos onto facebook. Until then, this marks the end of my Blog for our South American Honeymoon of 2016. We've seen so much, experienced so many new things and met some awesome people. I hope you've enjoyed following the first big adventure of Mr and Mrs Mallegrom.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb