Home


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
November 2nd 2013
Published: June 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -37.8143, 144.963

6 Continents, 34 Countries, 152 Previous Blog Entries and 3796 photos uploaded. We have completely circum-navigated the planet by plane, bus, train and ship. It truly has been the adventure of a life time. It's been the best six plus months of my life, and overall, I couldn't have hoped for much more. We've seen such variety, from the deserts of the middle east, to the glaciers of the Arctic, the skylines and culture of the big cities and the jungle of South America.
We've seen, felt, tasted, met, engaged and experienced so much of what the world has to offer and loved nearly every moment. Natalie and I have been fortunate enough to be able to share this experience with one another. She has certainly enriched my adventure, and provided consistent support and assistance. I would also like to thank all the family, the friends and all the people we have met along the way that have certainly added to our experience for the better. To those that assisted us with accommodation, took us into their homes and acted as part time tour guides; Joe, Maureen, Stanley, Kate, Iain, Owen, Janice, Jan, Lina, Marielle, Odo, Jan, Joke, Bert
Landing PlaneLanding PlaneLanding Plane

The new Qantas A380 arrives in Sydney on the weekend.
& Nele, we can't thank you all enough. We really appreciate everything you did for us, and couldn't have enjoyed ourselves as much, or stayed as long without your help. We really enjoyed our stay. To the rest of the family; Andrew, Anna-Lise, Zoe, Sarah, John, Mike, Cor, Carla, Lisanne, Jonathan, Jojanekke, Bram and Betts we really enjoyed your company. It was great spending time with you. To all the good friends, old and new that we met along our travels; Dan, Talie, Tom, Julze, Stephen, Irene, Maria, Brady, Mike, Pratik, Kelly, Nick, Lisa, Luke, Rhianna, Matty, Jas, Shilana, Margaret, Marty, Eddie, Leanne, Brent and Emily, thanks, you guys made the trip that extra bit special for one reason or another! Hehe. We've been very fortunate to have enjoyed this great adventure, and it's been my pleasure to share my experiences with all those who have clicked onto my pesky blog update notifications, and followed Natalie and I here on Travel-pod. I have now had almost 4,000 site hits. We didn't have a lot of room in our packs for souvenirs, so the best souvenir of all has been this blog. It hasn't always been easy. It's been a lot of work, but will always stand as a fond reminder of the details and events that made up this adventure.
So for now, the adventure is over. My final blog entries are a work in progress. I will post a 'Top 50 Experiences' of the 6 months, one from my perspective, and one from Natalie's. It's time to return to reality, save and reload for our next trip, which of course, you will be able to follow here, on Travel pod.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb