Our world tour Part 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
March 20th 2017
Published: March 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, March 19, 2017

A travel day.

Our flight to Melbourne was on 15.00, which gave us ample time to check out of the hotel and go to mass. We had visited the cathedral of Canberra the day before, which made it easier to find. We attended mass and had the opportunity to greet the bishop that performed the mass. We introduced ourselves and complemented him on the mass and the cathedral, upon which we received his blessing. Not something that happens every day.

Turning the car in at the airport turned out to be a bit more complicated than we expected. The directions given by the gps were not all that clear, which led to use both Margarita's and my phone for directions. Once we had turned in the car, and had made our way through the airport, including cleared security, we came to the discovery that we had left a mobile phone in the car. Minor panic.

I had to leave the airport, go back to the car rental agency and request our phone back. As things go, the car had just left the garage for the car wash, which made the whole procedure more complicated. With the help of the lady that manned the front desk, we were able to recuperate the phone and in time make my way back into the airport.

With a flight that took less than one hour and a short taxi ride we arrived at the hotel before 18.00.

At night we visited the Crown Center, a huge casino complex where we had dinner.

Traveling tires and tomorrow Monday we have to rise early, reason why we turned in early,


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0699s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb