Our world tour Part 2


Advertisement
Published: March 20th 2017
Edit Blog Post

IMG_3035IMG_3035IMG_3035

The other side of midnight sculpture.
Saturday March 18, 2017

Not every day is day with great highlights. Today was a day like that. No particular plans nor clear set objectives. We ended up doing some souvenir shopping and visiting the central part in town, the commercial area. After lunch we separated, i.e. Margarita, Saribel and Pedro, who went on shopping while I went back to the hotel, not to stay there, but to change clothes to go to the Black Mountain. Another opportunity to do what I have missed for a while; hiking in a real environment.

Black Mountain is about 812 m high and on top of it you find the telecom antenna of Telstar which adds 195m to the total hight. The tower as a visitors deck that supposedly gives you a great view of the whole area. I did not go up.

The hike is shorter than the one in Mount Ainslee, but a lot steeper. A great excercise!

Again I had the fortune of seeing one of the local animals, this time a huge porcupine that is related to the anteater with the formal name of Echidnas.

I should have taken a photo, but as things go,
IMG_3041IMG_3041IMG_3041

View from Blue Mountain
I was low on battery and had my phone turned of. Not a good idea to get stuck in a foreign place with no phone-gps.

In the evening we had planned to go and see fireworks on the lake. As it turned out the crowd was enormous and interfered with our dinner plans. Dinner got preference and rightly so. Rusticana nice restaurant and great food. At some moments we heard the fireworks, but did not really bother.

The end of the dinner marked the time to say goodby to Pedro Alejandro and Saribel.

It was great to see them and spend some time together.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

IMG_3045IMG_3045
IMG_3045

Blue Mountain
IMG_3042IMG_3042
IMG_3042

Telstar Tower maquette


Tot: 0.276s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.13s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb