Australia Out and About...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
February 1st 2013
Published: February 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So we arrived in Australia on the 18th of December. We flew into Sydney but didnt even leave the airport as we needed up booking another flight straight away to Brisbane where we met up with Francuz, Mehdi, our French friend whom we have met in Mexico 7months earlier.

...our last minute planning wasn't very efficient as it turned out when we couldn't find a hostel over the Christmas period, once we did we decided straight away to rent a caravan and drive down to Sydney, along the coast and the waterfall way. A beautiful ride, with many nice towns, illegal parking and camping overnight, "car-cooking", too many mcdonalds breakfasts, amazing people and a few ups and downs along the 11days of road trip. Overall some great memories.

Once arrived in Sydney Tatiana found us the probably one and only reasonable (not sure what it ment back then) hostel over new years eve, we ended up partying on the 52nd floor with some guys we met on Christmas Eve in Byron bay, and crashed Hard Rock Cafe's party afterwards. Good night. But still, sydney wasn't a city I could see myself living, as Tati and I were planning to. So i found us a flat in Melbourne and we flew beginning of the new year there, where live's twists and turns painted the upcoming changes of our travel plans.

The first three nights we stayed with my old high school friend Lukas. It was a reuniting after about 6 years of graduation. That was an unexpected turn of events. Tatiana and I moved after 3 days into the flat I found us and we started looking for jobs, long story short, I got frustrated and decided to leave Australia.

Melbourne is an amazing city. I met some new friends, some old ones, discovered some amazing cafes, bars, clubs, restaurants and even worked one crazy night shift in a club until 8am.

But as I said- things changed and as life usually works out great, Lukas and I ende up deciding on travelling together through south east Asia.

Tatiana has a stronger will and work attitude, therefore she is staying in Melbourne, and as hard working as she is, she found a job, even two 😉

Well, more news will follow soon, that's for sure, as I'm back on the road and will hopefully have loads to tell.

Xxxdiana

Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 19; dbt: 0.0171s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb