I wish it was bigger!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
February 12th 2013
Published: February 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

So here we go, the next chapter titled Asia has begun about 12 days ago.

Lukas and I met up in Kuala Lumpur -he flew directly from Melbourne I made two overnight stays, one in Sydney in a luxury apartment in the very centre ad the other one was rather forced due to a missed flight in Singapore at the airport. The contrast of the ensuite master bedroom to the hard floor in front of gate 5 couldn't be bigger. Anyway, I made it a day late, which gave Lukas the freedom to chose our accommodation for the first nights, the princess chose a rather nice hotel. Still cheap but something I'm not used to as a backpacker 😊

We stayed in K.L. For a couple of days to relax and et used to the new surrounding, but the city itself didnt knock our socks off, many high buildings, shopping and a pretty good publoc transport system. Enough for us so we moved further to Penang, which we reached by a surprising great second class train ride. We got to butterworth, took a ferry and finally were on the island in Georgetown.

Georgetown we liked in contrary to KL straight away. It's muh smaller, nicer, homely, older, local. There we dared to try some street food, however most is Chinese. Therefore we were eating more Indian. Delicious, cheap, local. We stayed there another few days and then went on to the border with Thailand, by train, which we again catched last minute and then had to wait ages at tr border buy new tickets and jump back on the train, which we got by exactly 20seconds. sounds confusing? It was.

Thailand taught us one rule straight away, nothing takes as long as it should. Although buses do depart on time someone might forget to tell you and a busride that's supposed I take 4 hours takes in act almost 6. Leaving us in Krabi at 2am, without accommodation, as our booked hotel already close their reception. Of course we managed again.

The next morning we left to ko lanta, here we down now our 4th night maybe? We were renting scooters, laying at the beach, met up with a friend of mine from London and are living in a room without walls on something that looks like a treehouse. Paradise.

Sorry for the quick and confusing update but we will shortly move further an the Internet might not be as accessible.

Much love,

Diana

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb