HAVE TO LOVE MELBOURNE


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
December 15th 2005
Published: December 15th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone.
So heres the update. Since monday been seeing a bunch of people everyday (lots of lunches). Was great to catch up with Mandy (SG) and will be going out with her tonight. Saw Stix and looks like he is doing great. Onto tourist happenings - went to the Melbourne Jail, melbourne museum, Shrine of REmembrance (I have a thing for statues), yesterday took a trip down the Yarra River and of course Ive hit all the bargain shopping hotspots. On wednesday went into all the posh shopping places and tried on exorbatently priced clothes that I could never afford - like R1000 for a dress. but it was good maybe in a few years when Im a millionaire.
its been great staying with Gary and he has really looked after me. We had a barbeque with his next door neighbors on wednesday night and we had seafood and last night went to Gary's parents place to have dinner. Gary's family and friends are all so wonderful - makes anyone want come and stay in melbourne.
The people in Melbourne are amazing -even on the tram its like a multicultural experience. The muslim mother and the old italian guy, and
Melbourne CityMelbourne CityMelbourne City

Skyscrapers seen via observation deck
the indian businessperson. I could just ride on the tram all day watching people. Also everyone is so kind and helpful - on the trams all the old ladies are nearly carried off to be deposited on the street - its really heartwarming. The city is also so captivating. There are huge decorations at the moment and people playing music and busking on the corners. There are salespeople on microphones along the streets and hundreds of people.
WEnt to the beach yesterday and lay in the sun - I got a burn though, not a tan. I went down to St. Kilda which is sortof the alternative part of Melbourne - full of young (and sometimes strange) people.
I will be moving tomorrow with Claire at her aunts house and Gemma will be arriving from New Zealand.
Love to everyone. If I dont have time to write another blog - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME AND MERRY XMAS TO EVERYONE / HAPPY HANUKKAH. If you are muslim/hindu - have a good public holiday.
love y'all.
Id better hear from my speechies about results - Lauren DLD????
K.T. / Saffa

Advertisement



18th December 2005

19/12/2005
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! LOVE YOU LOTS
20th December 2005

Howzit!!!
Sounds like you having a ball!!!! Hope you had a wonderful birthday yesterday. you get my sms - I took a chance?!? guess what Bruce and Cath got engaged 7 days ago! it was very elaborate! I'll fill you in when you get back! have a good Christmas and a brillent New Year. Send my wishes to your friends as well even though they don't no me. 2B's, 3C's and 2 sups which I'm very happy bout. miss you stax! lotsa luv. Jo

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb