City Time


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
July 28th 2008
Published: July 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The ClocksThe ClocksThe Clocks

This is the outside of a major train station. If meeting friends here you would say "meet me at the clocks"
It was pissing down (which is how everyone here says raining) as we left the Sunshine Coast early Thursday morning and took the 2 hour flight to Melbourne.

The flight was flawless and we found ourselves down on Bridge road spending money in no time.
Joolia only you will appreciate this but my first purchase since moving was a 10 dollar purple cool kid hat. I have wanted this hat forever and was overjoyed at having it especially since Melbourne was cold cold cold.

After shopping we took the tram to Jenn's sister's house.
She lives with three girls in a very chilly but nice old house.

When we got there I asked the stoopid question of "where is your washroom?" You are suppossed to ask "where is your toilet?" as most people have their toilet seperate from their bathtub and sink.
So I was shown to the washroom ,when I realized there was no toilet I came out and asked for the toilet...I was shown outside!!!
Their toilet was in a small room in their back yard.
Only in Australia does it stay warm enough to pee outside all year round (well not only in australia but you get the point)

The next day we took the train downtown and Sarah showed us the sights. I understood Jenn abit more as her sister told us the history of everything...apperently the Booth family are all smart and motivated to learn such things 😊 Needless to say Sarah was a great tourguide and I learned more than I would have on my own.

We went to the Jail...which they spell GAOL.
We went to the beach and ended up at The Espy which I hear is a very popular Melbourne restaurant to eat at.

After sleeping in bed with Jenn and Sarah while bundled up in layers of clothes (it gets cold there but houses tend not to have heat) we got up and went down to the market and then to do more shopping...don't worry dad I only bought a 15 dollar dress.

For dinner we met up with Jenn's friend Steph who has been travelling for a year and is on her way home. It was nice to listen to her travelling stories and it made me really excited for more travelling. For dinner we ate gluten free garlic bread, gluten free pasta and gluten free apple pie...this place really caters to our needs 😊

It was great to head into the city, as gorgeous as the Sunshine Coast is it offers little in terms of culture and inspiration and it was nice to be around divirsity and creativity.









Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Melbourne 007Melbourne 007
Melbourne 007

This is Jenn's sister Sarah
Melbourne 008Melbourne 008
Melbourne 008

This is actually Burger King but they call it Hungry Jack's for some reason
Melbourne 021Melbourne 021
Melbourne 021

These are death masks of people executed at the gaol. What a great job that would be...making a mold of a dead persons face...yay
Melbourne 023Melbourne 023
Melbourne 023

This is Sarah being processed. They do a mock arrest and lock you up in a cell.
Melbourne 028Melbourne 028
Melbourne 028

This is the crazy person room...exactly where I would end up :)
Melbourne 057Melbourne 057
Melbourne 057

This is the real executioners kit


Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0997s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb