Run Run Run


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland
July 22nd 2008
Published: July 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today my friend Aimee and I geared up and headed out to Mt.Coolum

The map at the bottom informs climbers that it takes a little over two hours to climb up then back down.
And so we set out for our long hike...
20 minutes later we were at the top.

Although short it was a gorgeous hike and did get the heart racing.

We stopped at the top and had a picnic then decided to climb down the other side....
Little did we know we were about to encounter a huge snake!!!

As I started down I saw a huge snake head 1ft in front of me.
I grabbed Aimee and started pushing her back saying "move move move"
We both booked it backwards while yelping like little girls.

Once we were far enough back we turned around to see our deathly companion come further out of the bush...at this point we realized...
That is was just a large lizard. ha ha
We spent the next 5 minutes laughing our heads off.

So once agian we headed down.
About 10 minutes down we began to worry that we were infact not on a path.
Brown snakes live under dead grass and rocks..which was the exact terrain that we were walking down.
We continued with caution.
Eventually we met another cimber who informed us that we were ok to be there.

After our climb we went and had coffee and gluten free cake then picked her son up from school and spent time playing soccer in the park.
I have not been this tired in ages and it feels good to have been outside all day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb