Hey


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
May 30th 2008
Published: May 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey guys - I'm back! Sorry for not writing anything for so long but I've now put a reminder in my diary to write something every month or so.
I'm sure many of you have heard about what we've been up to but I might as well recap some of the highlights.
In Feb we went camping up to Healesville which is the in the Yarra Valley and went to watch Rod Stewart at a winery. It was really cool - unlike anything I'd seen with the stage set up on the front lawn of the winery. We got a great day for it - about mid 20's sun all day. We had bought the tickets the day we arrived in Oz so it was great to finally get there as it seemed a long way off when we arrived.
Mum and Dad arrived on 8 March and it was great to see friendly faces. It was well funny at the airport as they came through these doors like stars in their eyes and there were tons of people waiting - once they finally found us they were pretty relieved I think!
Got up to plenty of stuff when they were here - We spent a weekend down in the Mornington Peninsula at Sorrento, Portsea etc. We went swimming with dolphins which was amazing.....and Dad almost drowned.
The next weekend we took a road trip down the Ocean Road. It was over Easter so everywhere was really busy but we had a great few days. The journey down the Ocean Road is pretty spectacular and we got great weather which can be hit and miss that time of year. We took a helicopter ride around the 12 apolstles which are limestone rock formations off the costs, which was amazing. The day after we went inland the Grampians (!) and did some walking. All in all a great few days. I think they had a great time whilst they were here and were helping by some great weather (honestly the best all summer) and it was great to see them enjoying what is now our home. We were obviously sad to see them go and we spent the next few weeks really missing home.
In April we went up to Adelaide to see the international Rugby 7's. Scotland were trash but it was a great couple of days - boozing and getting sunburnt! The crack was awesome with wrestling in the crowd breaking out at one point. Defo going back next year and all that is to be decided is what to dress up as. As Grant is a massive Dons fan as well, I suggested the '83 team. The only problem being no-one would have a clue who we were!
A few weeks after that we met up with Linzi and Grant and Lee and Tracey again this time on the Gold Coast. I'd heard that Surfer's Paradise was a bit of a dive, however having been to Blackpool this was like the French Riveria! A little trashy but good fun - we went to the theme parks (wet n wild and dreamworld) and generally boozed up. Great laugh all weekend....
I think it was at this point skiiing in Japan over xmas was first mentioned. So I've just completed booking it.....something else to really look forward to. We had hoped to go to Whistler in March next year but it just wasn't going to work out with hols etc. This way it takes in the xmas period which we would be taking off anyway and we get to go to Japan skiing, something we would probably never do otherwise. I'm well excited about it....hopefully Linzi and Grant will make it although they are in for an auction to buy a house this weekend and things are hinging on the possible costs of that.
We have also booked a week to New Zealand in September - Jetstar were going 2 for 1 flights so in total it was about $400 for the 2 of us which is awesome. We will get some skiing practice in as well as chilling out in what is my favourite country following our time there a couple of years ago.
The last few weeks have been pretty quiet all in all, but thats also good as it has given us time to continue to make friends and see Melbourne etc. We are going to go out for the day tomorrow to the country. Last weekend we went to what is Kylie Minogues favourite restaurant (not sure if thats in Melbourne or the world)....which was good but bloody expensive!
My golf game has gone to rat sh!t and I think people secretly laugh when they here I used to be off 5. Try about 15 now!
Kellie is getting on great at work which is obviously a great relief for both of us given it was a jump into the unknown.
We're off to see the Wallabies play NZ in July in Sydney and next month I'm going to see then play Ireland and France. All so I can build up my support in advance of England coming in November!
Anyway, thats probably about it. Hope everyone's doing good. Drop me an email to let me know what's happening.
Speak soon
Ri xx






Advertisement



Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.1289s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb