Tassie and the rest


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
February 6th 2008
Published: February 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So we had a BBQ for burns night a couple of weeks ago. All v amusing with 5 of us in kilts on a balmy evening in Albert Park (which is where the Grand Prix is held). Iron Bru and Rod Stewart but no haggis as there was a rush on in Myers that morning. The rest of the evening went in true Scottish style i.e. everyone got pretty smashed and 4 of us ended up in the casino! Tucker and Caroline (who are actually from Aberdeen) along with Kel and I managed to commandeer a tram to take us to the casino although to be fair I think the tram driver (Pam) was just bored and thought it would be fun. Tucker and I did manage to take the drivers seat and get pics! Kilts in the casino went down a storm as expected!
On Sunday, along with Tucker and Caroline, Ricky and Claire and 2 of Tuckers mates we went on a wine tour to the Yarra Valley. Boozing and driving to more booze! The funny thing is when you go on these tours you feel compelled to actually buy some of the wine you are tasting, even though
Wineglass bay 2Wineglass bay 2Wineglass bay 2

Awesomer!!
its just average (its such a good price and you only get it at the cellar door......!). So the van was considerably heavier on the way back than there! All good fun and headaches all round the next day.
Monday was the Oz day holiday, and we ended up taking Friday off to go to Tassie. So a short week which was great!
Tassie was awesome. We went to the Frecyinet National park on the East coast and did a 5 hour walk to 2 beaches - Wineglass Bay and Hazards Beach. Apart from Thailand I have never seen beaches like it. Plus there were Dolphins in the bay! When we were walking through to the other 2nd beach we saw a snake. Now those of you who know Kel will know she is scared shitless of them - part of me felt sorry for her, after wetting myself. To be fair I was pretty scared too, but managed to cover this up!
We also managed to see a wombat and a joey but no tassie devils.
We went to a restaurant on Fri night in Coles Bay which was awesome. It was a husband and wife team - she
Wineglass bay 3Wineglass bay 3Wineglass bay 3

The dolphins enjoyed the wildlife...!
did the front of house and deserts and he actually caught the fish and did all the cooking. Some days when they are shut he fishes for 23 hours!!!! The wines were mostly local also which just gave an overall great experience. Fish of the day was the Bastard Trumpeter - quality name! We stayed in Hobart on Sat night which for the first time since arriving reminded us of home. It was bloody freezing!!!! Nice little place but 1 night was enough!
This weekend was quite chilled, having said that we managed to make it along to a costume party which was theme white n tight. All amuzing, particularly given we were pretty much the only ones not dressed up. Felt stupid there, but probably the only one to feel normal in the taxi on the way home! Yesterday we made it along to the St Kilda festival - felt like the whole of Melbourne was there. It was awesome - the whole of the seafront was packed, Acland St, Fitzroy St and the esplanade. Made the mistake of making other plans for the evening though so we couldn't stay long. Next year it will be an all dayer!!
Anyway, been a long day so off to bed. Just a quick word to Chris and des - aka Mr and Mrs J - gutted we couldn't be there but glad it was a great day.
Speak soon.
Ri xxx




Advertisement



Tot: 0.03s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0138s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb