Life is kinda normal


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
January 23rd 2008
Published: January 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

heyup
sitting on my balcony.....eating a pizza. Some things change, some others don't!
Things are pretty much there in terms of setting up the apartment. We managed to get a TV from a friend who works in Harvey Norman - the Oz equivalent of comet - at cost price. Our bed is finally arriving on Friday and the rest of the place is looking pretty good. I've figured that the best thing about living here is that there is always something different to do at the weekend. Now that may sound a bit stange given we lived on the edge of Europe, but I guess knowing that we probably only have a period of time here we don't really want to waste time. So next weekend we are off to Tasmania, we are going on a winery tour this weekend after a patriotic burns bbq on Friday night, and then we are back up to Sydney next month. We are going over to Adelaide in April and then heading up to Gold Coast later in the month for a weekend with pals and plan to take the next week off to go up to the Sunshine Coast (Noosa and beyond). I think when u r at home there is so much stuff with family and friends, hobbies etc (all good....don't get me wrong!) but without that time is freed up to do other stuff.
Anyway, last weekend was a blast. I went out with a few guys and meant to go to the tennis. It rained a bit and we ended up in the pub all day/night. Absolute blast. Ended up at the tennis on Sunday with Kel and was dragged along to see Lindsay Davenport play doubles - little did I know she was playing with Hantuchova. Boost! Another day when it wasn't particularly warm or sunny but Kel ended up burnt! Also managed to get a bit of poker action in at the aussie millions. Howard the prof Lederer looked no patch on Bobby C, except maybe after 15 pints and a few vodka sobies!
So in general all good at this end. I'll give you the scoop on whether the haggis was piped into the bbq on Friday! Intend to break out the kilt...!
Over and out
Ri

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0373s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb