The Comedy Festival


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
April 6th 2008
Published: April 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

St KildaSt KildaSt Kilda

Market day
We had tickets to comedy shows for tonight but we hadn't really planned much for the day today so we just went for a stroll around St Kilda. We hadn't actually seen much of the area before today, even though we've been staying here for four days. Across the road from our hostel is Luna Park, a small fairground, and we had a little look around there before heading to the pier. The big rollercoaster was not working and the rest was really just kiddie stuff so we didn't go on anything. We headed over to the beach and had a wander to the end of the pier, from where there are nice views over St Kilda and the city. Zoe and I bought fish and chips and Zoe, Michelle and I sat in Albert Park while the boys went to the old racing track at the other end of the park. When the boys rejoined us, we all had a short afternoon nap in the park.

The comedies we saw tonight were both held in the Victoria Hotel in the city centre. The first comedian we saw was called Josh Thomas, and his act was called Josh Thomas and the World's Greatest Love Machine. He is only 20 and the show was ok but he's quite new to it all. The next one we saw was Mathew Kenneally, his performance was called: Ill thought through Plan for the World. It was a political satire and quite funny. We attempted to walk home after the shows because we couldn't work out whether or not the trams were running but we saw a few trams pass on the way home and, about half way home, we jumped on a tram for the rest of the way. I was glad of this because Zoe, Michelle and I have a big day tomorrow... we're going to Ramsay Street! Although, I don't think I'm going to get any sleep tonight!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The Esplanade, St KildaThe Esplanade, St Kilda
The Esplanade, St Kilda

From left: Rene, Zoe, Joakim (Joe) and Michelle.
St Kilda PierSt Kilda Pier
St Kilda Pier

View over the city from the pier.


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0698s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb