Ramsay Street and Neighbours Night


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
April 8th 2008
Published: April 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

What a day! We were picked up outside our hostel at 8.05am and taken to Erinsborough High. The school isn't actually called Erinsborough High, it's an English language school. None of us recognised the school either, it could have been any school. We took some photos anyway and got some photos of us posing outside with an Erinsborough High sign! Next stop was Ramsay Street. I couldn't believe how small it is! The houses look just like they do in the street though. They use the residents' swimming pools but do all of the indoors filming in a studio down the road. There were two buses that went to the street this morning and the driver from the other bus was a huge fan and told us some of the inside goss! Ok... (don't read the rest of this paragraph if you don't want to know what's going to happen!) apparently Connor is alive and coming back soon and Lynn comes back for a few weeks too. Fraser and Rosy are leaving to manage a hotel, or something, and Elle and Oliver get back together.

Once we'd all had a look around the street and taken loads of photos we
Ramsay StreetRamsay StreetRamsay Street

Harold's house!
got back on our buses and went to meet Susan outside the studio. Our bus driver left us all in the bus, in the carpark, while she went to look for Susan and, before she came back, Susan walked up to the bus and stuck her head in and started chatting to us. We all had photos taken with her and got her autograph. She asked me where I'm travelling to next and if I'm going to be doing any fruit picking. We didn't get to go inside the studio but meeting Susan was fab!

Tonight we went to Neighbours Night at The Elephant and Wheelbarrow, in St Kilda. There was a quiz and they gave out prizes. We went early and got a great seat, right at the front. For the first hour or two, before the stars came out, they played old Neighbours episodes on a big screen - we saw the episode where Kerry was shot and the episode where Harold disappears off the cliff. After a couple of hours the stars came out and they worked their way around all of the tables and we all got photos with each of them. We met Connor,
Susan! Aargh! Susan! Aargh! Susan! Aargh!

From left: Me, Zoe, Sooz (!) and Michelle outside the studios.
Stu, Stingray and Rachael. They were all friendly and just like their characters. Stingray was my favourite! Karl usually performs with his band on Monday nights but he was in Thailand. I wasn't too disappointed about that, he was rubbish on Soapstar Superstar!



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Neighbours NightNeighbours Night
Neighbours Night

Me with Stu... :-)
Neighbours NightNeighbours Night
Neighbours Night

Rachael and I!
Neighbours NightNeighbours Night
Neighbours Night

Connor and I! I have my thumb up in most of my photos from today and I know I probably should have varied the pose a bit but I didn't realise till afterwards!!


Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0855s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb