Chilled out weekend


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
October 28th 2007
Published: October 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey folks!

Just a quick one to say hello really!

Not an awful lot to report this weekend - we didn't even take the camera out with us (must be loosing the tourist thing!). Claire was working quite late on Friday night in Rosco’s and was then up at the crack of dawn for a shift at the races on Saturday morning. She didn’t get in until after 8 on Sat night.

I didn’t do a lot on Friday night (picked up on some interesting gossip at home!) and spent Saturday catching up on housework, laundry etc. - not really that exciting!
Next weekend has the potential to be a bit more exciting subject to work (which might kinda spoil our plans) - so watch this space!

In anticipation of being otherwise occupied next weekend, we spent today shopping for stuff to wear to the races the week after. Claire spent all afternoon trying on dresses, hats and shoes - I got a new suit and was given a voucher to take it to a tailors to get it properly fitted - how cool is that! Claire eventually settled on a dress - but still isn’t 100% set on it.

We went over to Caroline & Tucker’s tonight for dinner and a bottle of wine (one of the bottles bought at from Moonambel last weekend!). Its only three weeks until they head back to Scotland for a couple of months so they were busy showing folk round their flat to sub-let it.

I think this weekend is also the first time ever I haven’t seen my Dad on his birthday - so that was a bit strange. I called first thing in the morning UK time though (its so easy to call dead early in the morning!) and said happy birthday. An afternoon in Glasgow with some beers and a Chinese was planned - I had a Chinese last night to attempt to join in, but it was nothing like the buffet on Sauchiehall Street that I imagined the gang would be heading to! Anyway - happy birthday Dad!

I’m also thinking that a friend is now officially overdue. No news as yet on that front - will have to put a wee text in later and get the latest!

I guess it’s things like births and birthdays that make you realise just how far away from home we actually are down here. No longer is it as simple as just jumping on a bus into town to catch up over a Chinese meal - or even taking a two and a half hour drive up north to see friends. Quite a strange feeling really - but no matter how much fun we are having in the sun over here, home and everything about it is not ever far from our thoughts.

Talking about the sun - it just gets warmer and warmer and warmer. The weather (and lay out of the place) actually reminds me a lot of Florida - particularly when you drive a little out of town. Its 11.30pm just now, roasting hot outside (although a wee bit windy) - and I’m sitting in the pad watching a thunderstorm (well lightning without any noise!) in the distance - would never see that in the flat in Airdrie!

Hope all is well with everyone - as a by the way, we have only received 3 pictures by e-mail from the UK so far, all three from the same mate! Please drop us some every now and then to remind us of what’s going on at home - whilst we listen to Real Radio online most days, it makes a big difference to see pics of friends and family!

Stay tuned for next weekend - Claire doesn’t even know what’s planned!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.056s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb