Last night was a blast


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
August 8th 2004
Published: August 8th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Dr KennedyDr KennedyDr Kennedy

Think he got a bit fed up of people telling him the baby was not his and asking if he would get back with Susan
Well last night was so much fun.... just a shame it has taken me twenty-odd days to add another a journal entry.  Just in case you werent aware, I have spent the past 22 days travelling home, going back to work, watching olympics etc. 
Anyway - the neighbours night!!  The pics will be on here soon or as soon as I am organised enough to move the pics between computers and onto the net.  Unfortunately Toadie couldn't make it but they managed to get Steph Scully at the last minute to appear at the neighbours night with Harold (who atually isn't that fat) Bishop and Carl (yummy) Kennedy.  After the crowd was warmed up, having sung or screeched the neighbours theme tune til we could we were hoarse like Madge the stars appeared.  They came around the tables and posed for photos with the exception of Harold who has a bad knee he stayed on the stage and everyone got the chance to go and get their photo taken with him.
After everyone had enough photos the stars disappeared and the good doctor got changed and came back out with his band.  Now I had heard he had his own band, but
HaroldHaroldHarold

A bit disappointed with him - he didn't want to try Irn-Bru!!
to be honest I really didn't think it would be all that great - just another old man trying to hold on to his youth.  However, Dr K is actually rather fit in real life and does not look THAT old and when he and his band played a Proclaimers number as their opening act, I was smitten!!!!
Well having danced and sung along with Alan Fletcher's band for about an hour or so it was time to hail a taxi back to the hostel.  Luckily though I found out there was one last tram of the evening - shame I was on the wrong side of the road....  once the bouncer set me straight I was again ecstatic to find that there was another tram going the right way this time and it was due anytime.
After a carry-on on the tram with some other drunken Neighbours fans it was time to get back to the hostel and settle down for the night.  An early start is planned for 2mrw along the 'Great Ocean Road'


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0961s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb