A Night on the Town


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
February 10th 2018
Published: February 12th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Night out in CityNight out in CityNight out in City

The demon barber.
10/2/18

It's Saturday, so a bit of a lie in. I needed a haircut, in order to conform with regulations, so we all went to a shopping area and I was booked in for a "buzz cut" at "Edward Scissorhands". The others did something else. We all met up for lunch and the C.O. took the opportunity for some retail therapy. She bought a top from a shop selling posh gear, the cost of which is still a closely guarded military secret. The budget was not mentioned.

The boys and girls were going separate ways this evening. Ollie and I had tickets for the Melbourne Cricket Ground (M.C.G.) for a "big bash" cricket international match between England and Australia. The ladies had booked to see a show called "Priscilla" which sounded very dodgy entertainment for impressionable young girls. Before we went our separate ways, we had a very good dinner together at a Spanish restaurant that Charlotte knew.

Ollie and I set off in a tram that was over full or "rammed" as they say here, as there was a concert at the Rod Laver arena which was the stop before ours. I have to say that the
Night out in CityNight out in CityNight out in City

All of us at Spanish restaurant
cricket played was a little disappointing as England were soundly beaten. The MCG is a large but nice stadium. There is a lot of razzmatazz at these sort of games with plumes of flames and loads of rockets let off for each 6 scored or wicket taken. I enjoyed going to the MCG and the whole experience especially the loads of beer we had to consume to console ourselves. One good thing was that there were many children at the match thoroughly enjoying themselves.

We met the girls at the appartment and I thought it was interesting to reflect that living in a city allows you to go to different significant events and get home in good time on public transport. I can see the attraction that living in a city has for many people.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Night our in CityNight our in City
Night our in City

Author with Sir Don Bradman outside MCG.
Night out in CityNight out in City
Night out in City

Inside MCG with fire plumes


Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb