Australia - Day 16 Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » City Centre
November 24th 2010
Published: November 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Mike was going over to the CRCSI conference about 11 a.m. to give his presentation this afternoon, so we had a lazy morning and relaxing breakfast at the B&B. Once he left I spent some time catching up on the blog, then ventured out on the trolley to get in some more city sights before we leave for home tomorrow. It is a windy and cloudy day, but still very hot and humid.

I met Mike at his conference site and we took the trolley back "home" so he could change clothes before we went out for dinner. The free trolley stops at 6 p.m. so we made sure we were back on it and on our way to Chinatown before then. We wandered the street for a bit looking at menus, then decided to follow a stream of Asians into an upstairs restaurant. The restaurant had a large selection of live fish, eel and shellfish. We were not brave enough to order the dishes we saw on most of the other tables, but we ordered scallops and fresh black cod dishes along with a seafood soup, beer and hot tea. They served slices of watermelon, honeydew and canteloupe for dessert. With appetites satisfied, we went in search of a tram to get us back to the B&B. At the nearest tram stop we thought would be the easiest return route we found that the trams on that route ended at 5 p.m. In spite of the heat we walked all the way back to the B&B. It wouldn't be a full day unless we get in a 1-2 mile walk now, would it?

Packing tonight for our trip home and leaving early for the Melbourne Airport. It's time to say goodbye to Australia for now. As much as we enjoyed our stay here, there is no place like home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Collins Place/Sofitel HotelCollins Place/Sofitel Hotel
Collins Place/Sofitel Hotel

Location of the conference


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb