Day 15 Gunbower Sun 31st October


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Gunbower
November 2nd 2010
Published: November 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Gunbower to Torumbarry Weir


Hi!Hi!Hi!

Morning Tea, yes it was cold
Still wet, we heard at the end of the day the area had around 50ml of rain.
I attended the morning workshops about photography for beginners and choosing the right equipment or as some of were calling it ‘the horse has already bolted’! We learnt that we should be happy with what we have and learn to use it to it full capacity and then if it’s not doing what we want then up date. After lunch, which I went back to cabin and prepared myself, it was a very heavy session on photo editing packages!
We were shown the same photo edited for the same results in four different applications. Adobe Photo Shop, Gimp, Paint Shop Pro and another I have forgotten the name of. I felt like I was drowning sometimes it was quite technical talking about how to correct lighting of the subject/s, darking the back ground and sharpening the whole picture. Some of us decided it was better to take a ‘good’ picture first so it might only need to be cropped.
After another delightful afternoon tea from the local ladies, I joined the bird watching trip down to Torumbarry Weir. We went with
Torumbarry WeirTorumbarry WeirTorumbarry Weir

Storm clouds on the horizan
Pat Bingham, who got us to list why we named a bird a particular species, by describing its ‘field marks’ and species characteristics. It was very busy around the camping area at the weir with Melbourne Cup long weekenders. The wet side roads had suffered a great deal with inappropriate driving! A Square-tailed Kite was the highlight bird. When I reported this sighting to the local birding man he looked at me with a bit of question on his face but soon accepted my sighting when I mentioned Peter Barrand and Pat Bingham had also seen it.
The evening was spent at the Cricket club rooms for a Keynote address from David Baker-Gabb about his study and experience with Plains Wanderers. We had a roast dinner of, we think, lamb and beef with vegetables. Followed by a choice of five deserts!!!! I choose chocolate ripple cake (twice, making sure all the other tables had collected their desert first and Roger took second too!).


Advertisement



9th November 2010

you are a true Greiner-2 serves of choc ripple cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10th November 2010

hello
is this you Lonie, it was not too hard to go back for more!

Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0645s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb