8 weeks on the road


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Geelong
May 29th 2011
Published: May 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Touring today


Sunday 29th May. I can’t believe that we have been on the go for 2 months now and have loved every bit of it. We could do this for the rest of our lives, except we will probably run out of money.
Diesel is our biggest expense and towing a big heavy van does not help. We have found that we cannot travel over 85 KPH or we get less than 5 Klm per litre and when it costs anywhere from $1, 60 to $2.09 per litre, you have to be careful. We save by free camping, which we love and cooking our own meals. I am not complaining, just letting you know some facts in case you are thinking about doing what we are doing.
Today we spent the day touring all around the region of Geelong. It is so lovely with a thriving, active city to beautiful harbours, ports and coast line. Then onto a peaceful, rich green rural hinterland. We called into a local market at Portarlington and lo and behold, there was a Trinature stand. Good to see that folks are still spreading the word while I cruise around...........lol Then again I have done my bit for over 21 years. We had afternoon tea with Jared and Heather at Lara; just outside of Geelong. Rodger used to work with Jared. It was lovely catching up. This evening, while driving home from Jared’s we saw large groups of emus and many kangaroos. There were 2 kangaroos standing on hind legs boxing each other. Rodger took pics, but they are too dark to see anything. Shame. So I am happy now. Just need a camel to complete the set.
Tomorrow we will move onto Melbourne for a couple of weeks. I am really looking forward to spending some time there and visiting all the shops. (For my Internationals – Melbourne is the shopping Mecca of OZ).
Well that’s it folks. Until next time- smile at everyone you meet. It is contagious. Luv Hendos.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0664s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb