Slot trip Toowoomba to Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Foster
March 25th 2014
Published: March 25th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi blog followers.

Yesterday we headed off on the short trip from Sale to Forster via the coast road, calling in for a quick look at places like Port Albert, Port Welshpool and Toora on the way.

As usual, we arrived early, set up camp and headed out to explore the local township and surrounding area. After a quick familiarisation of Forster, we headed for Agnes Falls and the Toora Wind Farm. Both were pretty spectacular in their own right and glad we made the effort. On the way back we stumbled across a great place to free camp at Franklin River Reserve. Very nice indeed and a must stop for the future.

Today we decided to spend the full day exploring Wilsons Promontory including places like Yanakie and the camp ground, Tidal River and the huge camp ground associated with that. It is definitely a nice place to stay (see photos). From there we headed to Squeaky Beach (taken from the ultra fine/white sand on the beach that squeaks when you walk on it).

Then it was on to the Sparkes Lookout walk. Roughly a 5km round trip walk through some of the most spectacular bush flora we have seen to date, broken with the occasional view of the peninsular and the ultra clear/blue water as a background.

Right now, I am sitting back enjoying a cold ale, viewing the pictures I took to remember the day and wishing everyone was hear to share it. What a day.

Hope you enjoy the photos.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



25th March 2014

Great photos
There is some top photos.....what an awesome part of the world!
28th March 2014

Thanks.
Yes, it is a great place, but there are so many of them.
26th April 2014

Beautiful photos
The scenery is fantastic. There are so many beautiful places to explore and enjoy. Have fun. X
26th April 2014

Yes, and our voyage has really only just begun.

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0201s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb