Slow trip Toowoomba to Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Sale
March 22nd 2014
Published: March 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hi blog followers.

We are now at Sale, Victoria and spent yesterday exploring around Sale. First up we headed for Maffra (just North) and were lucky enough to have the Vintage car show and museum open on the day. It was great to see the history of cars from the very beginning to modern day. It was a bonus to see Peter Brocks cars from his early days. See Photos.

From there we did the triangle from Sale to Paradise Beach/Golden Beach (on the 90 Mile Beach) to Seaspray and then back to Sale. It was great to see a storm building over the beach and get some photos. On the way back to Sale we stopped off at the historic swing bridge which is Australia's oldest and largest swing bridge still in operation.

Today we decided to do a day trip to Walhalla (historic gold mining town) via Traralgon. Apparently in it's day, it was the highest gold producing mine in Victoria. Over a 15 year period it apparently produced over 13 "ton" of gold. See photos.

The town itself is only a shadow of what it was in it's hay day, but is still a very nice spot to visit. The Cemetery was great to visit just to see how hard it was back then with no health and safety in the mine. I must say, it would have to be the steepest cemetery I have seen and possibly in Australia. See Photos.

We hope you enjoy the pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 20; qc: 111; dbt: 0.1164s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb