Canberra/Jindabyne/Tumut/Cobram Caravan Trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Cobram
November 4th 2015
Published: November 4th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 19 (2/11/2015)

Stepped in a covered drain hole 2 days ago (covered by grass) twisting my knee & the pain has become more pronounced. Spent the afternoon at the hospital getting my right knee checked. Need to have an MRI when I get back home to see what the problem is. Doctor thinks the ligaments along the inside of the knee are damaged, but to what extent is unknown.

Got given a prescription for Morphine tablets which are rather powerful. They alleviate the pain really fast but accentuate the effect when you drive or drink. Hence I am swapping painkillers depending on if we are staying in or going out.



Day 20 (3/11/2015)

The caravan park put on a free breakfast for all the patrons. We enjoyed bacon, eggs & sausages which were all tasty country goods! Nice way to start the day & this spread was completely unexpected.

Went to the Cobram Harness races being Melbourne Cup Day only about 2KM from the caravan park. Beautiful weather & it was an extremely enjoyable day out. Parked myself in the grandstand for the afternoon with one of my super painkillers & did not move.

I got Deb to enter the Fashions In The Field competition & Best Hat competition. While she did not win anything, she enjoyed the experience & checked out all the fashions on display.



Day 21 4/11/2015

Quiet day today with the weather changing & my knee giving me grief. The clouds are constantly getting darker & we are expecting the rain to hit later in the day. Quite windy but pleasant, so just sitting around relaxing & catching up on the blog.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb