Canberra/Jindabyne/Tumut/Cobram Caravan Trip


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Cobram
November 1st 2015
Published: November 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Day 17 (31/10/2015)

Proposterous weather with thunder, lightning & teeming rain, followed by heat & no sign of the storm. This alternates regularly throughout the day.

Flies are stickier than chewing gum on your shoe; you need bloody good insect repellent here as well as a hat net or you end up eating flies!

Visited Tocumwal just down the road for the local markets on a Saturday morning which was quite pleasant (once the sun came out) & lots of good produce on display.

Went out to the Barooga Sports Club which is quite a nice facility. They also send a bus to pick you up & take you home so that you don’t have to drink drive!



Day 18 (1/11/2015)

Woken up at some ungodly hour by massive thunder & lightning which rocked the caravan. Storm passed right over the top of us & lasted a couple of hours. Then out came the sun & no sign of the storm that hit except for puddles of water that soaked up relatively quickly.

Went for another drive along the river & could see storm clouds brewing in the distance. Got some things at the shop for a bbq & headed back to the caravan before the heavens would open up again.

Just before 3pm, open up they did. 10 minutes of wind shaking the caravan along with the loudest thunder that made me yell expletives at the sudden massive cracks that shook the ground. Teeming rain with sideways wind saw us close the windows almost fully to stop any rain driving in. Half an hour later it is still going, but no longer under the eye of the storm.

Not sure there will be a bbq tonight now; depends on whether or not this storm from hell buggers off!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0313s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb