Cruisin' Cobram


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Cobram
March 15th 2013
Published: March 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Echuca to Cobram VIC

Travelled 100km East and have started the journey home.

After our hectic long weekend, it was delightful to resume our quiet ways by the Murray, sharing it with one other caravan and a few canoers. Just out of Cobram is a beach called Twin Knobs and it was our home for a few days. Lilly was much happier and swimming more, enjoying "her" river to herself.

I must be honest, for the second time in 28 months of living in the caravan I hit a wall. I was over flies, dirt, bugs and scorching heat. This was soon overcome by a few indulgences to sooth my soul.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

NathaliaNathalia
Nathalia

I love the country towns we pass through. The wide streets, parks in the centre of the main road and a bit of history.
Twin Knobs BeachTwin Knobs Beach
Twin Knobs Beach

We didn't mind the quiet canoers passing by. They usually had camp gear with them. One couple camped overnight.
Not Carp AgainNot Carp Again
Not Carp Again

Dave keeps trying! We haven't eaten a Murray Cod yet. Bugger!
Cool DownCool Down
Cool Down

Had to stay in the water to keep cool, also the flies didn't follow.
Byramine HomesteadByramine Homestead
Byramine Homestead

1842 was built for Elizabeth Hume, sister inlaw to Hamilton Hume, the explorer.
Octagonal DesignOctagonal Design
Octagonal Design

An octagonal shaped central room was designed to provide a clear view of attack from bush rangers or aboriginals.
Oldest Elm in VictoriaOldest Elm in Victoria
Oldest Elm in Victoria

Elizabeth bought the Elms from her last home in Gunning.
Vegetable FarmVegetable Farm
Vegetable Farm

In 1840's the land was used for beef and sheep, today it is surrounded by one of the largest market gardens in VIC.
FurphyFurphy
Furphy

The old water carrier.
Hard at WorkHard at Work
Hard at Work

Lush soil surrounds the homestead, we did buy some fresh produce.
Onions and LeeksOnions and Leeks
Onions and Leeks

A pretty sight.
YarrwongaYarrwonga
Yarrwonga

Across the bridge is Mullawa in NSW. The remains of Gollwa PS built in 1883, sunk here in 1938. The white building behind is the old Customs House, where people had to report when entering VIC.
Rich Glen Olive EstateRich Glen Olive Estate
Rich Glen Olive Estate

A stop over for a tasting. Lovely food and skin products made from natural ingredients. Amazing watching a video of the picking of the olives. A machine shakes the olives off the tree.
Fyffe WineryFyffe Winery
Fyffe Winery

Sampled delicious wines. This is the home of Cobram Cream. It tastes like Baileys but is only $20. The owner loves pigs and has a huge eclectic collection.
Our WaresOur Wares
Our Wares

Such a successful day and we supported the Aussie Family Run Industries, as you can see.


Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0543s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb