Jetty Baths


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania
September 13th 2012
Published: September 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Tasmania is an Australian island and state. It is 240 kilometres south of the continent, separated by Bass Strait. The state includes the island of Tasmania, the 26th largest island in the world and the surrounding 334 islands. The state has a population of 507,626 (as of June 2010), of whom almost half reside in the greater Hobart precinct. Tasmania’s area is 68,401 square kilometres of which the main island covers 62,409 square kilometers.

Tasmania is promoted as the natural state, the "Island of Inspiration", and A World Apart, Not A World Away owing to its large and relatively unspoiled natural environment. Almost 37% of Tasmania lies in reserves, national parks and World Heritage Sites. The island is 364 kilometres long from its northernmost to its southernmost points, and 306 kilometres from west to east.

The state capital and largest city is Hobart which encompasses the local government areas of City of Hobart, City of Glenorchy, and City of Clarence, while the satellite town ofKingston (part of the Municipality of Kingborough) is generally included in the Greater Hobart area.

Other major population centres include Launceston in the north and Devonport and Burnie in the northwest. The subantarctic Macquarie Island is also under the administration of the state, as part of the Huon Valley Council local government area.

Tasmania is also known for its exotic beach locations all around the region. Jetty Baths is one of those places; a quiet beach near the Bunburys city centre filled with shallow still waters making it an absolute perfect location for children. One can freely build sand castles on the beach, at the same time keeping a look out in the bay to see the dweller dolphins frolicking in the water.

One can take a dip in the refreshing serene waters while the children can play in the superb playground facilities, which includes a slide that takes the children straight down onto the beach. The still waters allow for perfect conditions to snorkel and observe the marine life that lives below in the beautiful waters.

Lunch and other food options are plentiful. Pull out the picnic rug to enjoy a relaxing picnic on the lush grass and make the most of the barbeques supplied to cook up a feast. If one prefers, there is a cubicle selling light refreshments or alternatively a waterfront restaurant for something more substantial for the tourists.

Jetty Baths is just below the Marlston Hill Lookout which offers uninterrupted panoramic views across the harbour and Koombana Bay. The coastal city of Bunbury is a two hour drive south of Perth and offers a variety of attractions appealing to all ages.

for more information on jetty Baths and its surroundings pls visit our blog :

http://www.tasmania-accommodation.com.au/

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb