Adelaide Aquatic Center


Advertisement
Oceans and Seas
September 27th 2012
Published: September 27th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Adelaide Aquatic Center was opened in the year 1969. It has since then undergone several renovations in order to equip itself with modern day facilities. The center is operated by the Adelaide City Council and is located in northern Adelaide.

The center is one of the favorite spots for the residents of Adelaide, as it offers them wide range of facilities like swimming pools, fitness center and lots of other facilities. Tourists who have been to this center have really enjoyed and desire to come back to the place on any given opportunity.



The most amazing thing about the Aquatic center is its number of pools. At present the center has three categories of pools which have been classified as per the activities for which they were built for.

The main pool at the center is a 50 meter heated lap pool which is available for the people for general use. The pool is also used for public lap swimming which is conducted on daily basis.



The other category of pool at the Aquatic Center is the Diving Pool which has a three meter diving platform. The pool also has one and three meter springboards which are open for public use from 12 PM till 4 PM on every weekend.

People who want to relax and have a great time out can check out the leisure pools. At present the center has two heated leisure pools with an area of more than 600 square meters. These leisure pools are equipped with water slide features which make the entire experience all the more exciting.

The Aquatic Center also provides its visitors with minimum 8 public lap swimming lanes during the peak morning and evening hours and six lanes during the non peak hours.



Another amazing feature at the center is the swim school which offers a wide variety of learning and development programs for people of all age groups. The swim school operates on all the seven days of the week and is extremely popular among the local population.

The purpose of the swim school is to promote water awareness, stroke development, water mobility, confidence and self safety techniques. The school is instructed by highly professional instructors who teach their lesson in a very friendly manner.

The swim school at the center is known for its low instructor- student ratio and qualified Austswim instructors. Students who enroll in swim schools receive certificates on clearing various levels.



Swimming is not the only activity why hundreds of people visit the center on daily basis. The kind of fitness facilities provided by the center is also one of the main reasons why people visit the center.

The center has recently acquired latest hi tech fitness machinery in order keep itself upgraded. Besides the machinery, the highly experienced and qualified training staff also helps a person to remain motivated and energetic.

Members should also check out the recently upgraded fitness center. The center has recently acquired latest equipments like free weights, pin loaded machine weights and a cardio theater.



Center members are provided a free of cost personalized training programs which are designed by trained professionals. The training program is designed keeping in the requirements and the abilities of the member.

Besides swimming and fitness, the center offers a range of activities for the kids as well. The School Holiday Fun Program launched by the center for kids aged between 5 to 12 years is among the most popular activity of the Aquatic Center.

The Venue can also be booked for celebrating important occasions like birthday parties. People can also come here to relax their mind by booking Sauna, Steam Rooms and Spas.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 47; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb