Christmas with possums


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania
December 21st 2008
Published: February 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The spent the next couple of days exploring Launceston, visiting places like Cataract Gorge then we travelled to Kelso north of Launceston at the top of the Tamar River. This is where we relaxed and waited for Santa to come.
It was a great Place for the kids to run around and play or relax end get some sun because the weather finely got better. The possums were really cheeky here, they loved to climb up the ropes and crawl all over the top of the van at night.
We went for a drive one day to visit Beaconsfield the place were the miners got trapped and also Seahorse House where we learned all about the cute little creatures. A visit to Tamar Valley Winery and a lavender farm completed the day.
Santa finally arrived and it was a great day. Santa found his way into the annexe and left a heap of presents, for sure the van was overweight now. We went to this Swiss style restaurant for the biggest Christmas dinner and the best thing was there was no cooking are cleaning up.
On boxing day we packed up and made our way to Devonport so we could get back on the Spirit of Tasmania and travel back to the big island. That afternoon we walked down to the river to watch the ship come in. It is amazing how that huge ship fits down the mouth of the Derwent River and it can even turn around JUST.





Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Amongst the LavenderAmongst the Lavender
Amongst the Lavender

Steph is allergic AARRCHOO


Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb