Great tasting Elephants, Colour and Cuteness


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Bicheno
December 15th 2008
Published: February 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Bicheno Penguin 42 secs
We made our way back to a place near Hobart called Seven Mile Beach for a day and a night to catch up on some school work and the like before heading up to Launceston. We decided to free camp at a cute park in Campbell Town half way between Hobart and Launceston, it is one of the oldest settlements in Tassie. A lot of convicts settled here after they completed their time in Hobart or Port Arthur.

We arrived in Launceston and got settled. The next day we decided to do a day trip and drive to St Helens and Bicheno on the East coast about 2 hours drive from Launceston, Just south of Bicheno is Freycinet National Park and Wineglass Bay, we couldn’t do the walk we wanted to do because of the weather so we drove to a lookout to catch a glimse of the beautiful bay. We had lunch at Elephant Pass at a great pancake place before making our way to Columbia Falls the highest waterfall in Tassie. Then it was on to St Helens and the Bay of Fires which is a beautiful bay full of orange stained boulders that look amazing against the contrasting crystal clear water of the ocean. Bicheno is famous for its Penguin population so we decided to drive back to the town and wait for them to make their way onto the beach for the night, they arrived about 9.30pm, they were so so cute and Steve even managed to catch one for us to pat. We left Bicheno about 10.30pm and arrived back in Launceston about 12.30am, it was a long day but worth every minute.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.239s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1781s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb