Cradle Mountain, Tasmania


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania
February 29th 2020
Published: March 1st 2020
Edit Blog Post

Cradle Mountain is situated in a National Park and is a very popular area for hikers and campers. We stayed in the Lemon-thyme Wilderness Resort which is reached by a long winding narrow road and is about a 40 minute drive from Cradle Mountain. All the cabins are surrounded by trees and beautiful large tree ferns and feels sometimes quite primitive, but the cabins are cosy and the staff in the bar/restaurant are very helpful. You have to drive to the Cradle Mountain Carpark from where you take a shuttle bus to whichever walk you decide to do. It was so cold we had to buy hats and gloves before we set off! The most popular walk is around Dove Lake, but for some reason we decided to do the more arduous Crater Lake walk. The walk begins along a walk way over marsh land and then ascends through the trees by a lovely waterfall and eventually comes out at the top by the lake. We stayed here and Helen went on further up while we made our way back down. There and back was about 2 hours. Had a lovely lunch in the Peppers hotel near the carpark before making our way back to the hotel for rest and recuperation before dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.383s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0872s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb