Coles Bay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania
February 28th 2020
Published: February 29th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Coles Bay is situated on the Fraycinet Peninsula which is a National Park We had nice cabins at Edge of the Bay Resort, which had a lovely view from the restaurant. Later in the evening the stars were out and it was wonderful to see Orion and the Milky Way. Helen actually went in the sea here but soon came out again ! The following day we went into the National Park and hiked up lots of granite steps and track to a lookout point over Wineglass Bay. No wine here though! We also stopped at Honeymoon Bay. There are lots of little bays here which all look out onto Great Oyster Bay- very pretty area. Later we had a pit stop at a winery to buy wine and have a glass of course. Helen has opted to be our driver as she doesn't drink and she drives fast and well. Also had a stop over at Lake Leake which has loads of dead trees popping up out of it- very weird. Had toasted sandwiches for lunch here before arriving later at LemonThyme Wilderness Resort which is in the middle of temperate rain forest and up a long narrow track in the middle of nowhere. We were staying in log cabins surrounded by trees and giant tree ferns. You feel dinosaurs would pop up any moment! Had dinner here and got ready for our next adventure!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0317s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb