Strahan Village


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Strahan
October 24th 2011
Published: October 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This week I stayed at Strahan Village, Rooms Division Manager, Mohammad Aldergham, Assistant Manager, Sara Myers, Meghan, Chelsea has been taking good care of me at the front desk and during my whole stay. Thank you guys 😊

About Strahan Village; This quaint historic West Coast fishing village provides a variety of unique holiday accommodation, including beautifully appointed waterfront cottages and terraces. Strahan Village is the perfect base for exploring Tasmania's wilderness, with Gordon River Cruises and the West Coast Wilderness Railway right at your doorstep.

Strahan Village offers 141 deluxe accommodation style rooms designed to complement the seaside atmosphere, including the luxuriously appointed Waterfront Executive rooms, spacious Harbour View rooms set on the hilltop, Waterfront Cottages and Terraces designed to echo the history of the region, with outlooks over the waterfront or rainforest.

Room facilities include doonas, TV, STD/ISD telephone with internet access, tea and coffee making faclilities, fridge, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, television, clock radio, electric blankets and heaters.Set on the quiet bay of Macquarie Harbour, Strahan is a picturesque Tasmanian waterfront holiday town with an abundance of character and a variety of stories to tell of the West Coast pioneering days.

From its beginnings as the location for bushmen seeking precious Huon pine, Strahan became the railway port for a rich copper mine inland. Deep in Macquarie Harbour south of Strahan, a notorious convict settlement was established on Sarah Island. Further south, the Gordon River flows through ancient Tasmanian rainforests into the harbour.

Unlike other holiday destinations Strahan's landscapes are wild and elemental - waves, weather and World Heritage wilderness are the keynotes for this unique holiday destination.

Read more about Strahan Village: http://www.puretasmania.com.au/default.asp?pID=35


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb