Tassie Adventure Part 3


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Freycinet National Park
January 1st 2009
Published: January 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Part 3


Friday 12th December 2008


Woke up today and I had breakfast all alone on Richardson Beach. It was very peaceful - this is the life!!

Today we climbed Mount Amos which looked over our campsite. What an amazing but extremely difficult and quite dangerous climb to the top. No wonder they call these mountains the Hazards!!

We were on all fours at one point and slipping and sliding about. I fell once which was quite scary but the view at the top made it all seem more than worthwhile. One one side was Wineglass Bay (an even better view than yesterday) and the other side was Coles Bay. Stunning.

We were so proud of ourselves to get there (although today did highlight just how unfit I have got since leaving Scotland) and we just stood staring at the view for quite a long time. I think in fact I was stalling to put off the even more treacherous journey back down. It was a relief to get to the bottom I tell you!


We drove on up the coast to Bicheno, a nice bachside town, where we had a house to stay for the night. We had met friend's of Cedric and Marie in Freycinet and they had offered us a roof over our heads - was nice to not have to pitch the tents and cook food over a fire. Even nicer was the long hot shower which we were all in much need for!!!

We went to the local for a pot of Boags (Tassie beer) then after dark we drove down to the sea and went looking for fairy penguins coming in for the night to feed their little ones. At first we just saw one then, two then about 20 all waddling along. Was pretty cool to see!

Slept well that night........


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 15; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0665s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb