Tassie Adventure Part 2


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Freycinet National Park
January 1st 2009
Published: January 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Part 2


Thursday 11th December


I woke up to the amazing Australian morning chorus today - VERY noisy but nice. Had a quick brekkie out the boot of the car then we set of up North along the East Coast over creeks and past vineyards, up winding steep mountain roads to be met with the most amazing bay views....the sun was shining and I was a happy girl!

We drove from Port Arthur passing through Swansea to Coles Bay and Freycinet National Park - our final destination for the day!

It was so beautiful there and we were so lucky to get a camp spot right on the beach looking over the Hazard Mountains (little did I know we'd be climbing one of them the next day).

Once we'd set up camp we did a pretty tough walk up to to the Wineglass Bay lookout then down to Wineglass Beach itself. This is one of the most photographed beaches in Australia and you could see why - it was stunning but we were all shattered by the sheer effort of the steep climb!

After that we drove to the point of the peninsula to a lighthouse and saw dolphins swim off in the distance then we had a quiet night again watching Possums and the Tasmanian Pedemelon trying to steall all our food!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb