Day 111 Australia, Flinders ranges to Adelaide.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
March 6th 2015
Published: March 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

G'day People,



So we were woken up by Sam at 5.30am for a walk amongst the beautiful Flinders ranges, our walk was around 'Mount Remarkable' A few people were worst for wear from last night which was funny!!!



The Flinders are amazing with loads of wildlife around; there were wild kangaroos just a meter away from us and loads of spiders!! And yes the dangerous ones!!! It went downhill into a crevice and then wound back up through all the rocks and vegetation!! It was a great end to the tour!!



There was a walk through the town of Wilmington while Sam had things to sort out so it involved everyone getting some WiFi and coffee!! We stopped there for a picnic at one of the park tables. We had amazing tapas of ham, cheese, olives, sundried tomatoes and real fresh bread…Heaven!!!



In the afternoon enjoy we enjoyed a refreshing stop at a winery in the Clare Valley (Taylor's), where we had a tasting and brought two bottles of wine, before arriving in Adelaide at around 4pm.



We got the train to Seaford, met Rodger at station (Rodger was my Dads best friend in school and stayed close after until he emigrated out of the UK), who drove us to his home amongst the McLaren vale.



We had a stop of at Rodgers local for a beer and to meet up with his son Simon and grandson Dan, Simon invited us to his house for a good old South African Braii on the Sunday and we could not say no to that!!



We met Rodgers wife Kay and had a lovely dinner of pasta carbonara bake.



We were drained, so after chatting for a while Vick and I hit the clean, fresh amazing bed Kay had for us to sleep in!! (First luxury for ages)



Lots of love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb