Day 112 Australia, Adelaide, McLaren Vale


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » McLaren Vale
March 7th 2015
Published: March 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi People,



We woke up about 8am; it was the longest lie in for what seems in ages!! Rodger and Kay’s spare room was so comfy!!! We both slept so soundly!!



We planned to get the train into Adelaide and have a look around, book up the ocean road tour and get tickets to the England VS Bangladesh game on the Monday!!



Kaye laid out an amazing breakfast of cereal; toast and fruit (peaches off the tree outside) and then Rodger drove us to the train station. He told us to take as long as we want, just ring him as we get the train back and he would pick us up!!! (So spoilt)



It’s easy to get from Seaford (Rodgers area) to Adelaide (about 1 hour) as they are both the last stops on the single line!!! It’s cheap as well only costing us £2.50 for a return!!



Once in Adelaide we headed to the Adelaide Oval and managed to get ourselves tickets in the best seats (on our budget). We then headed into the town to have a look around.



There is a fringe festival going on so we headed to Victoria park to check it out, there were loads of acts performing but cost a bit too much so we just looked around and took in the ambiance!!! (It’s a comedy, show, bits, acting thing) We then walked down to the main high street called Rundle Street and looked at the shops and found an STA travel, so booked up our flight from Melbourne to Cairns as it was the cheapest around!!!



After this we found an amazing teashop called T2, this had loads of tasters, which we helped ourselves to and were amazing!! Vick loved the Melbourne breakfast tea!!!



We grabbed some lunch in Woolworths, it was cheap and easy and tasty!!



We headed to the museum and Art gallery, these were amazing, there was too much to explain in here so I hope the pictures do it justice.



We then thought it was getting late and knew Kaye was doing us dinner so we headed to the train station to head back!! We phoned Rodger and 50 minutes later back in Seaford.



Rodger then drove us to a few beaches to see the sunset, the country is amazing and Vick and I could easily see ourselves living here!!!



We then got back and watched the end of the cricket (SA lost so Kaye and Rodger were not the happiest lol). We had a delicious Cottage pie homemade by Kaye (thank you Kaye!)



Shattered we went to bed; I tried reading but was soon fast asleep!!



Love N&V X


Additional photos below
Photos: 56, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb