South Australia, Adelaide


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia
August 8th 2014
Published: September 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Squeezed in a wee breakfast in Ewan + Aileens’ s favourite hangout “Say Grace.” Quite possibly the best breakfast we have had in Australia. In fact possibly the second best breakfast in the world, after an Ulster fry of course.




Next off to Adelaide via Mt Gambier, where we met up with Amy’s sister Bridie Tierney (the last Neeson we met on our travels) and got to see the marvelous blue lake, which in Winter is more of a grey-blue, but was spectacular all the same. It goes from Grey- to green – to Blue and nobody is actually sure why it changes colour. We weren’t far from Coonawarra, a wine region just over the Victoria/ South Australia border. Wine regions will become something of a trend for us over the next few days. Picked up a couple of bottles to share on our journeys and then off to see Dom, Sandra and his children Sean + Alana.




Quality few days in Adelaide with the Gillespies. Visited Semaphor beach + the botanical gardens, had possibly the best steak in Australia and then visited the Barossa wine region. Barossa is a quality spot, makes some famous wines and some of the big wine companies have vineyards here – Jacob’s creek, Wolfblass and Mcguigans would be some of the big ones. This was followed by some hot BBQ action by Dom and a cut throat game of Rumikin with the Gillespies and Sandra’s mother Josie. Rumikin is a game that requires a reasonable level of cognition, which after a crate of Coopers meant I was pretty poor at it. Good thing we bought the Chocolate Liqueur in one of the wineries so that we could have punishment shots. Yeah good one Dom!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb