Nareen/ Casterton


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Hamilton
August 6th 2014
Published: September 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


A short trip now to see the Neesons in Nareen – Country Victoria. Got there just in time for the final day of the “Sheepvention” – an agricultural show in a town called Hamilton. We had a quick tour round, where we bumped into Amy Tierney, another member of the Neeson clan. We were only in Sheepvention for a short time, but we got to see the highlights, in particular the winning Sheep Dog – “Package,” who was definitely the best one we saw, albeit a little bit savage, and also the most expensive ram in the Auction. I don’t think he had a name, but he sold for $22000!!! He was a Pol (which means he has no horns and is a favourable trait for breeding) and also he had good “sperm lines.” You can imagine what that means, but Id say that fellow’s destined for great things! Got to spend some time with Ewan and Aileen in Casterton and got to the pub for a quality dinner with Rod, Paddy, Anne and Fionn. Nareen is a sad place to be if you are a can of Victorian Bitter, they don't last long, and it's always great craic!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb