Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
August 11th 2014
Published: September 8th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


And so to Perth, where we stayed with Niall + Hannah in Fremantle. Looked after rightly by them! All started with a home cooked meal prepared by Hannah! Next day we explored Fremantle, stumbled upon the monument dedicated to Bon Scott, who lived in Fremantle, and then headed into Perth. Explored the city and started searching for Brennan relatives who moved out here in the late 1800’s. We visited the old “House of Brennan” department store, which is now disappointingly a shoe shop with none of the old features. Had an excellent night in the Little Creatures Brewery in Fremantle and sampled a few of their finest, which was great preparation for the next morning – a trip across to Rottnest Island on the Express Ferry.




The Ferry was a bit of a vomit comet. They should have a Valium stall on board to make the trip a little more pleasant for everyone. It was worth the trip as Rottnest is spectacular. It has very little traffic and a population of wee marsupials called Quokkas that roam about the island. We cycled and Niall Longboarded round the island. We squeezed in a wee swim, snorkel and lighthouse tour before boarding for a much calmer trip back to Perth. Had a wee Vietnamese meal with Hannah’s cousin and her boyfriend before the activities of the day got the better of us and we passed out.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0256s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb