Point Brown (Sunday 14th April - Thursday 18th April)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Streaky Bay
April 18th 2013
Published: May 10th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We got up early, packed up and headed toward our first planned destination, Pt Brown. (A beach camp 20km from Smoky Bay).

Kate, AC, Lori and Riley along with Brett, Anna, Brooke and Amber awaited our arrival after setting up and securing our favourite camp spot. Yippee!! We are on holiday at last and looking forward to spending some time with great friends at the awesome spot.

The end of the day saw us all gather together with a drink in hand to watch the beautiful sunset over the point, and so our evening ritual began.

On day 1 together all four families loaded into our cars and headed for Smoky Bay, a small town with a beautiful calm beach. We launched the tinnie for the keen fishermen along with two kayaks to attempt to catch a feed for dinner. We all enjoyed a day of board paddling, swimming, snorkeling and sand castle building before heading back to camp for a shared seafood dinner.

The next morning saw all Mums and girls + Will heading our to explore the rock pools whilst the Dad's raced off to check out the surf. We found a fabulous calm pool that protected from the crashing surf beyond, a perfect swimming and snorkeling hole for all. The remainder of the day whiled away as we swam, snorkeled, baked cakes in the weber Q and prepared and devoured another delicious shared dinner.

Wednesday 17th April saw Riley wake up to a caravan decorated with streamers and balloons - Happy 11th Birthday Riley. We also woke up to greet our new arrivals, Brendan, Raquel and Steve. After a morning surf - the boys and rock pool swim - the girls, we packed up the cars once again and headed down the dusty track to Streaky Bay and to our favourite Granite's Beach. We enjoyed another beautiful day exploring the granite boulders, swimming, snorkeling and surfing. Matt even took a fearful Carrie out to catch her first wave at Granite's on Big Mal. Caught one great wave and got one great bruise on the chin! The avid adventurers arrived back at camp for Riley's birthday dinner, party games for the kids, delicious birthday cake and even lolly bags for the kids, (Your a legend Kate!!), all celebrated under a myriad of stars.

Our time away together was rapidly drawing to a close as the surf at Cactus whispered to the ears of Matt, Brendan, Steve and JT. We commenced our first major pack up and were ready to hit the road again. After lots of hugs and more tears from Carrie we farewelled Kate, AC, Lori, Riley, Anna, Brett, Brooke and Amber. Thanks for another amazing holiday at Pt Brown, looking forward to next year already! We will miss you all. xxxxxx


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement




Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0685s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb