Deep Creek Conservation Park (14-15 November)


Advertisement
Published: November 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We didn't leave Adelaide until the afternoon (Friday), but then headed straight down to Cape Jervis, which is where the Ferry goes to Kangaroo Island. We had a look at a ferry unloading the cars and a semi-trailer full of sheep, then headed back towards the east into Deep Creek Conservation Park. We drove down the very steep track to Blowhole Beach, then we made our way to camp at Trig camp ground. On Saturday, we started out on the hike to Deep Creek Cove, but then decided to continue on the 10.5 km circuit hike up to Tapanappa Lookout and across to Deep Creek Waterfall, then back to the camp ground. It took us 4 and a half hours in total, including a few short food stops, but the steep hills made it arguably the most difficult hike we have done so far, although we had ideal weather for it with cool and mostly cloudy conditions. As usual, Thomas led the way.

The camp ground was bustling with kids, probably because it was a weekend. On Sunday, we headed into Victor Harbor and walked across to and around Granite Island. We then stopped for lunch at the Port Elliot bakery (again!) and
Trig Camp GroundTrig Camp GroundTrig Camp Ground

Give us food and we're happy!
then Goolwa where we had a wander around the markets and bought lots of yummy local produce as well as a 'willy-washer' (something we've never seen before but had to buy as a joke). Then it was up to Strathalbyn.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb