Adelaide/Hallett Cove/Waitpinga Beach (10-13 November)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
November 17th 2008
Published: November 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Adelaide on Monday afternoon, staying with friends of ours who had lived in Darwin a few years ago (Matt, Carrie, Tahlia, Kianna and Ella). We had met up with them just a few days before we had started this trip when they were doing a similar trip around WA to Darwin and down through the Centre - see https://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MattCaz-Odyssey/Trips/22751. They had passed on to us some travelling information as well as their copy of the WA Road and Tracks and Camping WA books, so it was good being able to return them and swap favourite locations. We had a great few days catching up with them at their lovely place in Hallett Cove, and they were also good enough to host a get together for a few friends who are now living in Adelaide.

On Tuesday the girls went for hair cuts in the morning while Mark and Thomas joined Matt and Kianna to take their dog Maisy for a walk down to the local beach. Wednesday included a day trip down to Waitpinga Beach and Victor Harbor, not to forget the bakery at Port Elliot on a day when the temperature reached about 35C. A very decent swell was rolling in at Waits so while Matt had a surf, Mark swam out the back to try and catch a wave. But he spent so much energy trying to get beyond the breakers and with the water icy cold and the rip treacherous, no sooner had he gotten out near the back where he could no longer stand, than he returned exhausted to the safety of the shore. Meanwhile the kids had a great time digging holes in the sand and splashing in the shallows.

On Thursday we caught up with another ex-Darwin friend before heading into the city to have lunch at the markets and spend a few hours at the SA Museum, which was great.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Waitpinga BeachWaitpinga Beach
Waitpinga Beach

Matt on a wave


Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb