Onwards to Coober Pedy


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Coober Pedy
November 12th 2015
Published: November 12th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Thursday 12 November

After a great day yesterday at Uluru and surroundings, we had set the alarm for 8 am to get ready for our journey to Coober Pedy.

Pat had stayed on the coach yesterday during the walks as she is not quite up to full strength yet, but was pleased we had managed to get to see Uluru and a sunset.

There were at least ten coaches at the designated area at sunset, so several hundred people, mostly from the tour company AAT, in our huddles around the respective bbq's and the obligatory glass of champagne - not for me of course.

Forgot to mention one of the things we saw yesterday was a herd of wild camels, about 15 of them.

Our visit to the Bath Street Medical Centre on Tuesday to see Dr Adil Vaghaiwala had been easily arranged and at AUS$80 was very worth it. Even the prescription cost at the chemist at AUS$20.15 for Asthma medication and antibiotics seemed also very reasonable.

We ended up waking before the alarm and gathered our belongings.

At 9.20 we ordered a cab and I went to thank Gee (Guarav) for his help.

The cab arrived and we were down to the greyhound office for 9.35 am.

We checked in and I popped off and bought some new batteries for my GPS. The bus arrived aand we loaded up and were off at precisely 1030 am.

Not too many on the bus so we spread out.

Bye bye Alice springs.

The bus stopped at Kulgara at 12.00 and we had some snacks at the roadhouse, we picked up a few more people.

Somewhere in this area we crossed a border and timezone, so we have gone to Australian Central time and increased our time by one hour.

Next stop Marla at 4 pm and picked up a few more people. The road goes on and on, the size of this country is incredible.

We arrived at Coober Pedy at 7.30 pm, to be met by the lady from the hotel and taken to our room.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.339s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1177s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb