Heading home.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
September 30th 2012
Published: June 26th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -34.9258, 138.6

Today I managed to sleep in til 8am. That is after being woken at 4-15 by the call to prayer and then at 6am by some very loud music coming from nearby. We had a leisurely breakfast and then checked out at 11-30am. Ferdi drove us to meet Ria and his wife at Sagan Resto, a seafood restaurant , for our last lunch in Jogja. Again we let Ria order and we had some great food. Starting with crab, asparagus and corn soup we moved on to prawns, crab, fish and deep fried eggplant all very delicious. As usual he insisted on paying.

We then started our journey home. One and half hours in Jogja airport, even in a lounge, is not pleasant. No cold drinks in the fridge and the air conditioning was non-existent. Flight to Jakarta was fine and then the piece de resistance. We checked in for our flight to Sydney to be told that the plane was full so we were now in Business Class! A big win there. After a couple of gins and tonic in the lounge we settled into our large seats and had a champagne at take off. Food was good with Shaw and Smith Sauv Blanc and then a Baileys to finish. Then lie the seat down and 3 hours sleep was great. The flight was only 7 hours but we skipped forward in time 3 hours so we arrived at 6am. Very crowded in the arrival hall but we were through smoothly and connected with the plane to Adelaide. (Scott Hicks was on our plane).
Lucy and the girls picked us up at the airport, then home.

It was a short break away but I enjoyed seeing a different place and though I am not in a hurry to return I met some lovely people and can tick Borobudur off the must see list.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.305s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.1037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb