Heading west :o)


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
October 29th 2007
Published: October 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

GDay to you all I hope you are all well.Well since my last update I have walked all over Melbourne and completed a 5 day 1200KM roadtrip around Tasmania. I write today 30/10 from Melbourne but will be flying to Adelaide tomorrow.So what have I been up to in the last two weeks I can hear you asking.I have:-Walked all around central Melbourne;Visited the beach and cake shop suburb of St Kilda;Visited the oldest Melbourne suburb of Williamstown;Took a ferry down the Yarra river;Rode around town on the old city trams;Chilled out in and did a tour of the botanical gardens;Embraced the arts culture of Melbourne by taking in two major concerts Laurie Anderson (she used to work for Nasa) and David Barosa (hes a world famous palestinian musician who has completed 23 albums and he plays the guitar like I have never seen it played before - amazing)Met up with a travel friend from Peru;Visited a massive casino;Attended free concerts in federation square;Walked the river and around southgate; andVisited the new marina at Newquay.And thats just Melbourne I then took a flight to Hobart Tasmania probably about as far away from the UK you can get apart from the south pole.I spent the first two days in Hobart having a look around and planning what to do. In the end I hired a car for 5 days and found 2 swedish girls staying in my hostel who wanted to come along for the roadtrip. This was great as spliting the costs between 3 people made it a very cheap trip. We covered 1200KM in total. Tasmainia is much bigger than you think!!!We drove northwest to Lake St Clair and did a 5 hour walk in the National Park staying in the park overnight. We then continued west to Strahan staying overnight in this little tourist port. We visited an amazing beach and massive sand dunes. This was followed by an early start and a drive east in land to Cradle Mountain. We had the perfect day and walked 5 hours first around Dove Lake and then up to Marrions Lookout (a steep climb about two thirds the height of Cradle Mountain) check out the photos they speak for themselves. We stayed the night in Launceston (Tassies second largest city) and after a brief look around on day four headed to St Helens on the east coast and then travelled down the east coast staying at Coles Bay the base for walking to Wineglass Bay. Being in St Helens was wierd as the town holds the same name as my home town. Unfortunatley the weather changed on us and whilst in Coles Bay it was very overcast with some showers. We did the walk to Wineglass Bay but because of the weather could only see a bit of it. We did see it rough and ragged quite a contrast to the very sunny, calm setting that most people see when they visit this picture perfect bay.On returning to Hobart I met up with some more friends from my Peru trip and I was lucky to get up Mount Wellington on may last day with spectacular views all over Hobart.So all in all not a bad couple of weeks. Hey (Swedish for hello) to my two new Swedish friends Matilda and Josefine.Enjoy the photos they are all form Tasmania as I am using a new memory card now.Bye for nowKev :o))


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



30th October 2007

Hey Kev, I fly out tomorrow so can you keep hold of your two new friends till I get there !! ha ha
31st October 2007

hey kevin! amasing pictures from Tasmania where i did not get the chance to visit... (but i did climb the harbour bridge;)!) i am happy to see that you are having a good trip down there. Here, back in Europe, i am back to normal life...not that interesting. Good trip, enjoy, Agathe the Frenchie :)
31st October 2007

Nice one Kev
Looks like you are having the time of you life. Keep it up. You probably won't want to go back to the UK!
5th November 2007

obviously, you're bored...
...cramming as much into your life as possible whilst travelling with lovely looking Swedish girls. I pitty you! Nah, good to hear from you Kev - it all looks stunning and long may it continue.
17th February 2008

from russia
hello Kevin! I see your travels dont stop))) ha ha! i like new pics from australia and i like these two girls)) who is your bride??? )) ah?) it was great to meet you in russia and sometimes we are thinking of our meeting)) i wish you all the good! Anastasia. Novosibirsk

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.063s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb