Day 1 - Adelaide!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » South Australia » Adelaide
December 6th 2017
Published: December 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Leg 1 - COMPLETE!

So we have flown 1500km in the wrong direction just so we can board another flight tomorrow to fly back over Alice and out of the country! But hey, flight itineraries don't make sense some times.

Alice to Adelaide flight was ok, we got half a muesli bar as our inflight 'meal' (woohoo!) and Todd was that guy who bought a $9 Lazy Yak on a 10am flight. Kalyb's ears did not fare well and he freaked the hell out and ate his travel pillow on the way down.....like literally tore it apart with his teeth. No idea how to make things better for him on flights, we are going to try more antihistamine tomorrow and possibly a valium because I think half the problem is the freak out. Fingers crossed tomorrow's landings go better for him.

We are staying at a dodgy pub motel because the city was crazy expensive and almost completely booked out due to the Pacific School Games that are going on here in Adelaide at the moment, but hey, it's only 1 night and it came with a free box of breakfast! Ooooooh, box of breakfast. Interesting crowd of people here at the Links Hotel in Seaton lol. Got to our room and it hadn't been made up after the last tenants left, brought this to the attention of reception and were upgraded to a slightly larger dodgy room with a 'better view'......the best view we got this afternoon was of a shirtless fat guy sitting in a lawn chair under a sprinkler on the grass lol. I have to say I've had better views haha.

Ben and Lydia came to have dinner with us at the hotel which has a Schnitzel House restaurant, thanks guys for coming to visit! Now just chilling out in the room watching a movie trying to have an early night....this is nearly impossible at this point because Corey has overloaded on sugar and is bouncing of the walls *sigh*, no more bloody lemonade tomorrow!

Sorry there isn't anything more exciting to report than a half naked fat guy and a crowd of tradies in their high viz eating schnitzel. Got the big flight in the morning, tomorrow's post will be from Bangkok, woohoo!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



7th December 2017

Fat guy under a sprinkler
Bahaha! Loved that comment... ??

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb